I decided I would begin each day by going to my knees in prayer. Within a short time I had developed a pattern of daily prayer that has affected my life to this day.
Here are 5 reasons I pray every day:
- It gives me a focus point - When I take the time to pray through my schedule for the day it helps me to stay focused on what I need to accomplish.
- It adds discipline to my day - knowing that every day I will take a knee in prayer helps to bring discipline to my life from the time I rise in the morning to the time I lie down at night.
- It helps me to be consistent in my faith walk - Spending those few minutes in fellowship with God and allowing Holy Spirit to minister to me gives faith and courage to face the challenges of the day.
- It makes me conscious of the needs of others - When I start the day by calling the names of people who need God's help takes the focus off of what I want and feel that I need and puts the focus on others.
- It gives me power in my witness - Jesus promised that when the Holy Spirit comes on us we would be a power witness. Taking the time every day to fellowship with Holy Spirit gives me spiritual power.
Those are just 5 of the reasons I pray daily. Maybe you are thinking of more reasons... or maybe you have a good story of how prayer has affected your life. We want to hear from you.
Accept the Take A Knee In Prayer Challenge and you will be able to share your comments.
Just fill in the form below with your name and email address then click on the "I'm Joining" button.